Music production is one of the most cpu-intensive tasks you want to perform on computers. When processing TEH audio, most CPU signal and effect chains have to happen sequentially. When choosing the best music production laptops, you want to choose a minimum configuration of 8th generation Intel i7 processors and 16 gb ram.
For the most part of this article, you will find the windows-based pc computers, even though there are a few good recommendations of apple products as well.
In this article, we ranked and reviewed the best music production desktop computers to use in 2022.
Here is my top pick for the best music production desktop computers to use this year.
- Apple iMac
- HP 27″ All-in-One
- HP 34″ Curved
- Dell XPS AIO
- Dell XPS 8920
- SkyTech Omega
- Apple iMac Pro
Apple iMac 27 is my #1 pick when choosing comes choosing a desktop computer for music for music production and podcasting.
On the 5K model, Apple made the RAM storage upgradable to up to 64 gb.
Apple iMac 27 includes everything you want in a music production desktop computer.
- 27-inch (diagonal) 5120-by-2880 Retina 5K display
- 3.1GHz 6-core 10th-generation Intel Core i5
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300 graphics
- Ultrafast SSD storage
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
The 27-inch iMac monitor screen looks awesome.
For windows, There is an HP ENVY 27-inch All-in-One Computer you want to consider to handle your music production task.It include -Intel Core i7-7700T, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M, 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, 128GB SSD.
This pc features a sleek and modern All-in-One with cutting-edge power that allows you to stream, play, and work efficiently.
You will get 4 USB 3.0 ports, HDMI in and out, Thunderbolt 3, Ethernet, solid-state drive: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Wi-FI, Bluetooth 4.2, an SD card reader,16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, and a headphone jack.
Looking for a bigger screen music production desktop computers, HP 34″ model with i7-7700T, AMD Radeon RX 460, is just awesome. But you can always get this version of pc with 32GB RAM as well.
Please note that this version of pc doesn’t have a touchscreen. But it is extremely quiet, which is great for music production and podcasting. The 34″ Curved monitor gives you extra desktop space to work more effectively.
The Dell XPS 7760 27″ has a 27-inch all-in-one featuring an incredibly vivid and accurate 4K Ultra HD display, Intel Core i7-7700K 7th Gen Quad-Core up to 4.5 GHz, 16GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB Solid State Drive, 8GB AMD Radeon RX 570, Windows 10 Pro.
The Dell XPS AIO has 4x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 3.1 USB C, a Wi-Fi option, Bluetooth, an HDMI port, and a card reader. You will find an impressive built-in microphone with it, But you will be more likely to have your own studio monitors.
For$1,300, You can get the Dell XPS 8930 model, which is packaged with everything you want -to run your favorite music daw software. The Dell XPS 8930 includes-
- Intel i7-8700 CPU (8th Gen)
- 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 up to 64GB
- 2TB 7200 rpm HDD+256GB SSD
- NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English
For connectivity, you get a total of 11 USB ports, HDMI, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a DVD Burner, and a card reader. This tower looks plain from the outside, but it has some impressive hardware on the inside!
This desktop computer model is liquid-cooled, which keeps fans from running full speed and interrupting your recordings.Here is the detailed specifications of skytech omega:
- System: Intel i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core |
- Intel Z170/Z270 Chipset |
- 32GB DDR4 |
- 240GB SSD |
- 2TB HDD |
- Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB Video Card
- Connectivity: 6 x USB 3.0 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45
- Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 |
- Audio: 7.1 Channel |
- Special Feature: Liquid Cool for Processor Only |
- Tempered Glass Side Panel |
- 10 Color LED Light |
- USB 7 Color Gaming Keyboard
The iMac Pro is the most expensive music production desktop you want to choose if you have a good amount of budget for it. Here is the detailed specifications of apple imac pro:
- 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor
- 32GB RAM,
- 1TB SSD,
- Radeon Pro Vega 56 GPU.
- Intel Xeon E5 Processor
- Dual AMD FirePro Graphics
- Ultrafast PCIe SSD storage
- Six Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Four USB 3 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi
Customizing your own music prodcutrion desktop computer is another great option to consider.In this section I will recommend some specification details you want to get in your hand built pc.
- CPU + Liquid Cooler: Intel Core i7-10700K
- Motherboard (LGA 1151 for 8th Gen): ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E
- GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
- SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)
- HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64 MB
- PSU (Power Supply): EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1, 80+ GOLD 650W
- Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-05 Mid-Tower
- Monitor: Asus VZ279HE 27″
When choosing the best music production desktop computer,you don’t want to spend $5000 on the pc. I recommend for getting the Apple iMac 27 in 2022.