There are several podcast software you can use to record long distance podcast interviews. Video conferencing platforms like Zoom and skype are the popular options for recording remote podcast interviews.But if you want to professional quality sound recording, you definitely want to use Riverside to do all your tasks in your browser.
Skype is another popular podcast software option to conideer for recording remote podcast interviews,but many users complain that they provide poor sound quality even if both conversation parties have a great internet connection.
In this remote recording guide, we ranked and reviewed 21 best podcast recording software to consider for recording long-distance podcast interviews.
Here is my top picks for the best podcast interview recording software to use this year.
- Soundtrap For Storytellers
Riverside is my #1 podcast interview software option to consider when recording high quality podcast recording.They provide you both mp3 and wav files of the audio file and HD quality recording for each host.
Riverside launched its platform in 2020 and quickly became one of the best podcast recording options in the market today. When you sign upp with them, you get some impressive and useful list of long-distance podcast recording features that makes it easy to record a remote podcast.
It is a web-based podcast interview recording tool that eventually captures high-quality HD video and audio.For Each person, they will provide separate video and audio tracks so you have no chance of losing any kinds of recording. You have probably seen Gary Vaynerchuk and Mark Zuckerberg’s recent interview about meta actually recorded using Riverside.
- Check out this: Gary Vee & Mark Zuckerberg Recorded on Riverside
- Local recording up to 4K video resolution
- Uncompressed crystal clear audio
- Edit your content with our Magic Editor
- Enjoy recording on the go with our iOS app.
- Transcriptions for your content
- Stream with your community
- Schedule & invite with one click
- Accessible audience link
- Producer Mode& Controls
- Screen share recording
- Unlimited recording & editing, Separate tracks for the first 2 hours of recording*, Watermark on exported files, Up to 720p recording
- 44.1 kHz audio quality
- Unlimited podcast recording & editing, Separate tracks for 5 hours of recording,, No watermark on exported files, Up to 4K video quality,48 kHz audio quality, Screen sharing, Live streaming to Twitter/ Youtube/Facebook, Producer mode access.
- Everything included in the starter plan plus, Up to 15 hours of recording with separate tracks, Accept live call-ins, Unlimited transcriptions
- All the pro features plus, Custom recording packagesTeam spaces – shared work environment between team members, Full frame view,29.97 and 24 FPS, Custom branding waiting room and studio, Customer Success Manager & Live Support, Master Service Agreement, SSO (Okta, Azure + more), Onboarding & training.
Best Podcast Interview Software For Beginners
Zencastr is a High Fidelity Podcasting tool that lets you record up to 8 hours per month completely free of cost. If you are just starting, then try their free plan, which is a great place to start. If you want to record high-quality podcast interviews with lossless WAV (16-bit 44.1k) files, then you need to upgrade to the $20/month plan. You can simply send an invite link to your remote guest to start the podcast recording.
They have soundboard features that allow you to add intro, outro, music, ads, or whatever you want to add to each and every podcast episode. Zencastr is cloud-integrated, meaning that all your recordings will be automatically delivered to your Dropbox account for easy editing and sharing.
Zencastr has an automatic postproduction feature that allows you to reduce noise and adjust the output level to your desired setting.
- HD Video Recording
- Built-in VoIP Chat and Footnotes
- Soundboard for live editing
- Automatic Postproduction
- Secured Cloud Backup
- It’s simple to use!
- Host + 5 or more guests,Unlimited audio recordings,Trial 1080p video recordings,Record High Quality MP3,Audio/Video mixing (pay separately)
Host + 5 or more guests,unlimited audio recordings,unlimited 1080p video recordings,Record High Quality MP3
Record in 16-bit 48k WAV,Audio/Video mixing (10 hours/month),Live editing soundboard,Unlimited English transcriptions.
Start your Free 14 Day Trial with Zencastr ,No Credit Card Required.
Iris is a brand new remote podcast interview recording software launched with HD video recording, separate audio tracks, team member features. The biggest issue today’s podcasters face is the network issue, and it causes problems from lag to distortion to cutting in and out. So they remove all those problems so that your video and audio are always perfect. Their remote podcast recording technology records video and audio at a higher quality than any video conferencing software like Zoom and skype. They record your audio records locally, which lets you get the best audio possible. Iris podcast interview software works with Android phones, iPhones, Android tablets, iPods, desktops, and laptops, so you don’t need to download it before recording. You shouldn’t have to use a particular browser while you are recording with this podcast platform.
- No Internet connection issues
- Video that’s never choppy or pixelated
- Audio that is crystal clear
- No Software to download
- Works with any browser and device
- HD Video & Audio
- Your video and audio are always safe
- Record now or schedule for later
- Separate Video & Audio Files For Each Guest
- Custom Recording Rooms
- Team members
- Automatic upload to Google Drive & Dropbox
- Live broadcast to Youtube/Twitter/Facebook
- 2 hours of recording,High-quality separate files,Live recording files,Unlimited Team members,Unlimited Audio Mastering (automatic postproduction),Automatic upload to Google Drive & Dropbox and Record more for $5/hour
- 5 hours of recording,High-quality separate files,Live recording files,Unlimited Team members,Unlimited Audio Mastering (automatic postproduction),Automatic upload to Google Drive & Dropbox,Live broadcast to Youtube/Twitter/Facebook and Record more for $4/hour
- 10 hours of recording,High quality separate files,Live recording files,Unlimited Team members, Unlimited Audio Mastering (automatic postproduction), Automatic upload to Google Drive & Dropbox,Live broadcast to Youtube/Twitter/Facebook and Record more for $3/hour
Squadcast is the remote recording studio that your audience will love. They allow you to create high-quality audio and video content with our in-browser software for premium recordings auto-saved with cloud storage.
They have focused themes on the host and guest experience, making it as easy as possible as well as getting the best audio quality possible.
Companies like Google, Spotify, Microsoft, ESPN, PIVOT, THE JORDAN HARBINGER SHOW, Adobe, Verizon Media, NPR, and The New York Times use Squadcast, so you know they can handle your needs. This podcast interview recording software updates and adds new features to support podcasters.
The podcast host can download both WAV and MP3 formats.
- They allow up to 4 people in one recording session at the same time, meaning one host and three guest/co-hosts.
- The audio recording of your conversations is saved and automatically uploaded, so the chance of losing anything is very small.
- Their platforms feature a “green room” where you can chat and make sure every guest of your podcast is ready for the call.
- Seamless guest experiences
- Efficiently produce content
- Premium Recording
Squadcast Pricing starts at $10/$20/$45/month to record audio and video – sign up here!
Ringr is a podcast interview recording app known for its overall simplicity and sound quality. The big benefit of their premium plan is conference calling with more than two people and studio-quality split-track download. Ringr offers both iOS and Android apps, so your guests can join right from his/her phone as well as from the browser. Their all plan includes; unlimited calls, storage, and a “green room” to chat before you start the podcast recording. Their guest invitation system is so easy to use and simply sends your guest an email.
Ringr Pricing starts at $$7.99 or $18.99/month to record audio and video – sign up here!
Cleanfeed is very simple to use podcast interview recording software and has a free plan that works well. With their pro plan, you will get access to volume control, multiple input devices, and more. It doesn’t require any external audio mixers to record podcast interviews.There is no complicated system for podcast guest invitations, you will just share the link, and they will be able to connect with you.
Cleanfeed Pro Pricing starts at $34/month to record audio and video – sign up here!
ClearCast allows you to record in perfect audio and video quality, regardless of connection quality. It is a better way to record interviews besides using Skype. You can choose from 3 different plans according your needs, but You will get high-quality 320kbps, 44.1kHz MP3s with every single plan.
Cleanfeed Pro Pricing starts at $25/$40/month to record audio and video – sign up here!
The cast is a combo service that lets you record, edit, host, and publishes your podcast.
They have 2 tier pricing plans:
- Hobby $10/month:10 hours of recording time/month, unlimited editing and mixing, unlimited podcast hosting, and single RSS feed
- PRO $30/month:100 hours of recording time/month, unlimited editing and mixing, unlimited podcast hosting, unlimited RSS feeds, dropbox sync (Beta), Advanced hosting stats
Spotify owns Soundtrap For Storytellers, and they just updated their music maker app with some unique features designed for podcasters. Their interactive transcript feature allows you to record and automatically transcribe your voice, making it easy to edit on the go.
When inviting a guest for an interview, just share the invitation link with them; they will be able to connect with you. They record each participant’s audio on separate tracks.
- Storytelling is in our blood
- Podcast editing made easy
- Increase discoverability of your podcast
- Link them in
- The more the merrier
- Put a jingle on it
- Upload directly to Spotify
- Collaborate with anyone, anywhere, on any device
- Unlimited Projects17,220+ loops860+ instruments & sounds150k+ Sound Effects from freesound.org,Antares Auto-Tune®,Time Restore and Remote Interviews.
- Everything in the $7.99./month plan plus,20,700+ loops,300+ sounds from Splice(for a limited time only),High Quality Downloads and Soundtrap Originals and Expansion Packs with new sounds every other week
When you are hosting a podcast show, you need to consider the types of podcast format you will follow, your podcast guests, and the technology you will be using to record podcast interviews. Choosing the right podcast interview recording software would be best because your podcast will have a long-lasting impact on your life. While selecting the best podcast interview recording software, here’s the factor your need to consider.
The covid 19 pandemic changes the world’s lot. You can record a podcast either in-house or remotely. So if you are running a podcast and still recording your podcast in-house, that’s great. Yet recording remote podcast interviews allows you to get the perfect audio/video quality by using different podcast interview software.
The Younger generation of podcast listeners is still hungry to listen to a podcast in every possible way. They like both video and audio podcasts.
Most people running a podcast have a video option that can be listened to and viewed on video streaming platforms like youtube. The video podcast opens the door to experience a podcast differently and allows you to engage with your audience more deeply. However, not all podcast interview software will enable you to record video podcasts. You can use podcast interview software like Iris, Squadcast, Riverside, and Zencastr to remotely record audio and video podcasts.
Traditionally podcast is a pre-recorded audio file broadcasted on the web for listening, and that’s what a podcast it is. But nowadays, Live podcasting allows podcasters to engage with their audience on a real-time basis. You may want to choose the podcast interview recording that enables you to do live broadcasting on the web and social media while you are recording your podcast.
Here is my top pick for the best free podcast interview recording software to use this year.
Riverside is relatively new in the podcasting space, but they are doing a really great job at their software. It’sIt’s a built-in podcast interview recording software that allows you to record high-quality audio and video interviews even while you have an internet issue meaning that you don’t need to have a great internet connection to record great studio quality interviews on Riverside. FM. Their basic plan starts at $9/mot for both audio + video. They also have features like listener call-ins, live streaming podcasts on social media, and video editing on the browser.
If your podcast guest isn’t a tech-savvy person or doesn’t have access to wifi, then you can call them and easily record your phone call through a mixer. Most smartphone networks compress your audio better than Zoom; You can go for this option; if it fits well on your needs.
You have to “plug your iPhone into your mixer like Rodecaster Pro” to record your phone call locally. Make sure that both people’s audio is being recorded for the first time you record a phone call conversation.
Zoom is a widely used video conferencing and podcast recording software people are already familiar with. While using zoom software, it is very easy to invite a remote guest and record the entire show just by hitting the record button, and it’s completely; free to use, meaning that you will not have to pay to use zoom and record a podcast on that platform.
Zoom already has its app for iPhone, Android, MacBook, and pcs to record podcasts remotely. The only downside of using Zoom software is that they compress your audio into one single file meaning that you won’t get the studio-quality audio/video recording on Zoom.
Skype can be your other video conferencing and podcast interview recording software remotely. However, most professional podcasters won’t go to record long-distance podcast interviews on skype because it doesn’t provide a high-quality sound exporting system. Although skype has a built-in audio recorder, it still exports your podcast audio track in mp4 format, meaning that every person’s audio is into a single track.
If you want to get studio-quality podcast recording, then go for the best podcast recording software
Squadcast is one of the top remote podcast interview software that allows you to record audio and video for up to 10 people, including one podcast host and up to 9 podcast guests/co-hosts. However,squadcast is little bit hard to set up your first podcast meeting compared to Zoom software, but once you learn that, you will get much better audio sound quality because they will provide you with WAV files that have been recorded locally.
Squadcast pricing starts at $10 for audio-only plans, and you can easily upgrade to both audio + video for $40/month.
Remote recording is getting popular day by day,as a podcaster, you want to get the most professional quality recording of the interview.
Riverside my #1 podcast interview software-recommendation this year. You can sign up for the completely free and upgrade when you want to.
Check out this podcast editing software article to learn how to edit your podcast.